The Forestry Regional Manager is a multi-state (Georgia and Alabama and can be located anywhere within these states) position that is responsible for aspects of contract, operational, and client success. The position has both short and long-term goals with an eye on cost of sales, on-time production, quality, gross margin, implementation of corporate strategy, and human resources.
Responsibilities and Scope
· P&L Responsibility: > $25-35 million Annual Revenue
· Direct Supervisory Responsibility: 6-7 Managers, multi-level
· Indirect Supervisory Responsibility:
o 370 - 580 FTEs
o 150 - 230 Crews
+numbers based on seasonal adjustments
Duties, Responsibilities and Accountabilities
- Contract Management
- Ensure work confirms to specs, schedules, initiatives, and budgets. Reviews contracts and inspects operations.
- Works with upper management to terminate and/or negotiates customer contracts.
- Works with regional field managers in resolving problems within job execution and directs the contract management.
- Supports field managers in int he creation of spreadsheets necessary for tracking progress on all active jobs.
- Financial Management
- Maintains full P&L responsibility for region as well as creates annual operating budget.
- Provides accurate operational financial management of clients/jobs through planning and implementing, evaluating, and forecasting.
- Reviews bid reports, financial statements, to measure productivity and goal achievement and to determine areas needing cost reduction and performance improvement.
- Ensures monthly, quarterly, and yearly financial profitability results are in line with the goals, budgets, business plan and the strategic vision of the Company.
- Customer Service and Relations
- Meets with potential and existing clients on a frequent basis to build backlog and grow the region’s business.
- Actively fosters and maintains business development relationships and opportunities.
- Continuously improves customer satisfaction and retention through implementation of programs to reduce delinquencies, provide for on-time completion and meet customer quality and cost expectations.
- Actively seeks customer interfaces to communicate and facilitate customer needs within the Company.
- Maintains a working knowledge of client organizational structure and incentive structures, including structures for both peers and their superiors.
- Creates and maintains client service plans.
- Business and Strategic Planning
- Leads development of the region’s business plan to build relationships, pipeline, and proper use of resources to grow the business.
- Develops marketing plans to achieve revenue targets and increase Company visibility with assigned region.
- Is a member of the division’s senior leadership team, and is a key contributor to the overall strategic and long range business planning process for the Company.
- Participates in regular meetings with senior management to cover operational priorities, direction, vision, and best practices.
- Interacts regularly with senior management to ensure that the Company’s operational priorities are aligned with total Company direction.
- Leads and Maintains a strong safety culture and maintains a safety focus.
- Human Resources, Supervision and Leadership
- Actively coaches, guides and supervises the regions field management team to achieve Company’s strategic goals.
- Participates in and encourages subordinates to seek out learning opportunities and professional development.
- Provides leadership with cost control, waste reduction, quality, safety and reporting.
- Actively communicates with region’s field management to ensure all changes to systems, policies, procedures, initiatives and strategies are accurately conveyed to all and timely and effectively implemented.
- Resource Management
- Develops region’s capital budget.
- Ensures careful allocation of resources to drive sustainable results.
- Creates cost-efficiency through vendor negotiations.
- Handles all processes for approving invoices submitted through field management and works with corporate to process. Ensures all invoices are paid on time and properly.
- Participates in monthly financial and job reviews.
- Creates bid projects for submission to include surveys, research, estimates. Participates in bid review through meetings and/or conference calls.