A tree climber job at Sussex Tree isn't just another day at the office. Work where you love to live in coastal Delaware. If you are an experienced tree climber then we would love to talk with you. We are looking for someone with 10+ years of experience to join our growing 32 year old company.
Most days you will be helping our clients maintain and beautify their landscape. We expect you to work hard, consistently be able to pass a substance screening, and have a valid driver's license Crew Leaders work on our general tree care teams to help prune and remove trees, shrubs and stumps.
Crew Leader Responsibilities:
- Extensive knowledge and proper use of aerial lifts including booms and spider lifts.
- Exhibits leadership abilities.
- Safely and consistently perform all types of small and large tree care pruning. Also is skilled in ornamental pruning and hedge trimming.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical tree removals using conventional rigging techniques.
- Safely and consistently perform simple and technical crane tree removals.
- Ensure all tools and personal belongings are removed from each job site and properly stowed on trucks and trailers upon job completion 7. Daily removal and disposal of all personal and/or crew generated trash from all vehicles, equipment and trailers 8. Show up consistently on time and be ready to work immediately upon arrival 9. Strict adherence to all company safety protocols 10. Consistent and proper use of all Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) as instructed 11. Clearly and respectfully communicate with all crew members and clients 12. Safely and courteously drive company vehicles as qualified obeying all traffic laws 13. Immediately report all equipment and/or property damages to supervisor 14. Maintain a composed, respectful and positive attitude toward all fellow employees, clients and working situations at all times Crew Leader Qualifications
1. Must have a valid drivers license
2. 5+ years experience a plus
3. Certified Arborist preferred.
4. Must pass a pre-employment substance screening exam 5. Must be willing and able to work in all outdoor weather conditions all year round 6. Must be willing and able to work 40 hours or more per week when requested Additional Benefits:
1. Arborwear supplied uniforms.
2. Annual boot voucher provided
3. All equipment is supplied by Sussex Tree including PPE 4. Paid weekly 5. Continual education and certifications paid by Sussex Tree.
6. Semi-Annual onsite training provided through North American Training Solutions 7. Seasonal overtime available 8. Summer Company Picnic and Christmas Party 9. Vacation Benefits 10. Healthcare Benefits and company sponsored IRA.